Thursday, April 24, 2008

BACK FROM AUSTIN


Everything was green and blooming. The temperature was in the 80's and sunny all day.


We drove down to San Antonio and saw the Alamo. It is right in the middle of the city.


We then saw The Riverwalk in San Antonio. They were having a big festival that night so it was not the best time to see it. But it has possibilities.


We hiked around Lake Travis



My son and his fiancee at Mount Bonnell.

My brother and I flew down to Austin to see my son. Hadn't seen him since Christmas so it was a nice treat. We traveled the area during the day and spent the nights on 4th and 6th Streets. They are filled with bars and restaurants with live music. We listened to an Irish rock group called Braggard that I loved. Had some great guacamole. Lots of good music, food, and spirits. We saw a show called Esther's Follies that was absolutely hysterical. I recommend it highly. Can't wait to go back!

No comments: