Saturday, July 12, 2008

FARMERS' MARKET

I went to the Westminster's Farmers' Market this morning. The tomatoes were calling me.






























I picked up some beautiful heirloom tomatoes. One of the farmers had four varieties, and I picked up one of each. He also had some gorgeous peppers. Another stand had some purple string beans. She said they taste like regular string beans and will turn green when cooked.


Along with our zucchini the tomatoes, peppers and beans are headed for some sort of stirfry tonight. I will have to pull out the "Heirloom Tomato Cookbook" and find something special. It is a reason to celebrate. Tomato season has arrived.

Mine unfortunately are abundant, but green.

But the daisies are ready!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love farmer's markets. I have discovered a new one that resides in the parking lot of my favorite garden center during the summer. Your blog has made me hungry for tomatoes and beans.

Minerva said...

Don't stir-fry the daisies by mistake! That stuff looks delicious.

Diana said...

Luckily we have had great tomatoes from our local fruit stand for over a month. They are Maryland tomatoes!! Already had one for breakfast. Rick said you know where the fruit stand is located. I would love to see purple string beans!!!! Your daisies are beautiful.

Jessica said...

I love farmer markets too. We are just now starting to get into the good season with them. Ours are all mostly small markets. I wish we had a big one like some larger cities do.

Minerva said...

I gave you an award- check out my blog...

Unknown said...

I can't get tomatoes down hurr, its depressing...