Wednesday, June 18, 2008

HARD WORK

My kids gave my husband a fire pit for Father's Day. Well, we went out looking for brickwork to put under the pit. We picked out a spot at the end of the yard, away from the house. Found a nice design. AND while we were at Lowe's my husband picked up some more brick to create an area at the bottom of our steps. It becomes a muddy mess with all the dogs in the rain. AND he is also creating an area under the grill. We never have one project going at a time in our house. Hopefully, less mud. It looks like we can test it out tonight. Thunderstorms coming.
Puppy update. Look at her legs. Boy, is she getting tall.
Patio tomato update. I can almost taste them.
The herbs I got at the Lavendar festival have been placed in multiple pots. They are already taking off. I can't wait to start cooking.
More flowers are blooming.
This is my $3 project from the supermarket(think Charlie Brown's Christmas tree) Hasn't it come along.
Hosta, hosta, hosta. I love hosta.
It is such a pleasure escaping to the yard. It is my refuge after a long day at work. The dogs love to share it with us. My husband and I are blessed with a good life.

5 comments:

Ben said...

Nothing beats picking (and then immediately eating) a luscious home grown tomato. I'm just looking at your picture, but man, I can almost taste those 'maters...

Minerva said...

I enjoyed your yard when I was up there last week. It looks great.

gerry said...

The anticipation is killing me. Tomatoes are my favorite food. Just picking one and taking a big bite. mmmmmmmmmmmm....

Unknown said...

Every summer we always have lots of projects going on at the same time too. I do get overwhelmed but the season of nice weather is so short that we have to take advange of it while we can. Enjoy your summer!

gerry said...

Thank you, you also.