Friday, June 27, 2008


Unfortunately, my husband can't remember what these are. Anyone have any ideas. There are nine numbered sizes. (one missing)
They telescope inside each other.
They are hollow with sharp beveled edges.
I would appreciate all guesses.
Thanks and have a good night


Ben said...

Ok, you win the award for weirdest object this week. I am totally clueless, but that doesn't mean I won't hazard some guesses:
a) portable ham radio antenna (nah)
b) makes some crazy kebabs!
c) disassembled part of a Mars lander
d) advanced multiple weld tool
e) atomic clothes dryer
f) Venusian torture device
g) just a bunch of stuff stuck together.

Elise said...

It looks like a set of gauges... used to measure the inside diameter of pipe, holes, etc...
You don't say (1) what the numbers are or (2) where the "sharp beveled edges" are, so I can't be certain. Comment made by Chris, Elise's (pigeon's) husband.

Margaret said...

What Chris said.....

( I have no idea, but what I do know is that the man has lots of knowledge in such things. Also, he's a Furnster expert.)

Diana said...

I have no clue what it is but it looks like it could be some tool used in the Colonial Days of Williamsburg.

gerry said...

Wow, Ben that is a lot of guesses. I think the Venusian torture device is plausible considering the sharp edges on the hollow tips.

Chris, I had thought of gauges but the ones I could find were not hollow and I didnt understand the need for the sharp edges. Hollow I get, because they set in side each other. They dont have measurements just 1,2,3...